Friday 8 June 2018

BE RATIONAL!!

         I love online shopping. Because I can shop without walking a whole day and come back with empty-hand. What's more, I don't have to carry heavy loads all the way. I can just wait they deliver to my door. There is no reason not to go online shopping for me. However, I have to admit that I'm not a rational consumer when I shopping online.
         In today's media class I learned a process called the Decision Journey. There is a term in the journey called Trigger which can make you buy something without much thought and planning. It came up to me that I often be "triggered" to buy something useless. The thing that pulls this trigger is the beautiful displaying image of a product. For example:


         This case looks beautiful on the site, right? But it is actually not that good-looking when it delivered to you. Don't ask me how do I know this. Because I bought one and I am very regretted the purchase! There is another experience that I bought a skin for my AirPods' case. It's really silly. But I was just can't be rational when I saw the nice pictures! Their advertising strategy just works on me. 


         However, I do make the rational decision when I purchase online. But the advertising image of the product is still my first consideration. For example, I bought a clothes rack online recently. When I enter the clothes rack on Amazon, it gives me some results:


         As you can see, you just can't ignore the product of LANGRIA because the image is outstanding among those pictures. After viewing some pages, I decided to buy LANGRIA as I already decided to buy it in the first place.  However, my consideration is also based on some other factors. For example, I will choose the product with free shipping. I will compare the reviews of similar products. Also, the product with the title of bestsellers or Amazon's Choice will be my preference.
         Online shopping is really convenient but also has risks. I should be more rational when I purchase online in order to avoid buying stupid and useless products again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment